Compliance Auditor and Coordinator
Department: Quality Assurance – Compliance
Job Title: Compliance Auditor & Coordinator
The Compliance Auditor ensures that organizational processes and practices comply with the requirements of various standards including customer, regulatory, and the organization’s own requirements.
- Familiar with food processing facilities and general sanitary requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work experience in food and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge on the UHT processing systems and the aseptic fillers
- Possesses certifications in the following areas: Better Process School; HACCP; GFSI (SQF); Internal Auditing or other appropriate training.
- Capable of performing in-process audits of established quality systems in a production environment. Two (2) or more years of internal auditing experience is desirable.
- Capable of developing SOPs and documents that will educate production employees and clarify/improve procedures used on the production floor.
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail is an essential trait in order to be considered for this position.
- Has the ability to be assertive as necessary.
- Maintain high level of professional integrity.
- Must have an eye for detail with above-average analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Need exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of team members (management, production workers, compliance & quality staff, etc.) is crucial.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office.
- Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential.
- Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying paper files/reports, a laptop) may be necessary.
- Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, calculators, copiers/scanners).
- The job is performed indoors in the manufacturing facility & traditional office setting. Periodic exterior audits are required for grounds, roofs, etc. Much time is spent auditing processes onsite (e.g., warehousing, production, shipping, etc.). Extended periods on feet is common.
Direct Report: Quality Assurance Manager
Indirect Report: Quality Assurance Director
Schedule: First shift, but schedule is subject to change based on identified compliance risks. Will work on an infrequent rotational basis to provide compliance support to second and third shifts. Work week consists of at least 40 hours.
Work Specifications – Responsibilities:
- Performs audits of facility and processes for compliance to applicable regulatory, GFSI, customer, and company requirements; executes according to plan.
- Maintains databases and generates data summaries of product and operating conditions to enable quality improvement and sound decision making by manufacturing teams.
- Follows up with appropriate personnel for corrective action status.
- Verifies that food safety and quality policies, plans, and procedures are consistently followed
- Identify processes, situations, etc., where organization is meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement.
- Respond accordingly and with the appropriate urgency when potentially harmful and out of compliance situations are identified.
- Supports company pre-operational checks and in-process reviews of equipment & functionality
- Assist with vendor and outside warehouse inspections.
- Educates personnel on quality and food safety initiatives, including development of training materials and group training presentations.
- Assists in the development and executes the issue of plant and quality specifications, standards, procedures and programs.
- Leads company SQF program & audits through system reviews, team meetings, reports, and other associated tasks
- Participate in quality audits and lead a team of quality auditors, when needed.
- Assist audit team in developing audit reports; present audit reports, as needed.
- Assist with corrective actions & follow-up audits, as required.
- Assist with identifying training gaps and provide recommendations for training enhancements
- Supports the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- Performs tasks in compliance with all company standards including those for safety and efficiency.
- Maintains all work areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Performs any other duties as assigned or required.
Steuben Foods believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Steuben Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at 716-655-4000.