Project Plant Manager/Engineer
The Project Plant Manager/Engineer will provide leadership and direction for all aspects of project management. Their responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Participates in planning, defining and formulating projects and programs
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, company requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies
- Coordinates bid process for projects
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Reviews and maintains projects and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Recommend concepts/proposals to increase production methods product flow and optimum utilization of space and equipment
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, business or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Experience in food manufacturing environment preferred
- Understanding of building codes, engineering principles, packaging equipment, USDA, FDA and other food safety requirements
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
Steuben Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.