As a Technical Sales Representative, Individuals will work directly with customers and GF’s manufacturer representatives to grow and promote the sale of Generational Foods Ingredient Products. Technical Sales Representatives are the first line of contact with all new customers and along with the manufacturer representatives, establish and maintain long-term business relationships with new and current customer base.
- Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of customer needs in the food and beverage industry and determining those needs that could be uniquely met by GF ingredients
- Identify potential customers that could benefit from GF ingredients
- Expand awareness of GF ingredients by communicating with new or existing customers the benefit and advantages of GF ingredients in a professional and scientifically knowledgeable way
- Organize and make technical presentations and webinars
- Establish a program to initiate and maintain contact, provide samples, and maintain a business relationship with all new and established GF customers
- Maintain records of customer communications and contact information such that they are available to GF staff
- Manage and interpret customer and manufacturer representatives’ requirements – speaking with them to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Identify and resolve customer concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
- Develop and maintain an effective and fiscally responsible use of both direct (travel required) and indirect (phone, email, text, etc.) communication with customers
- Communicate needs and idea for marketing support to the marketing team and then work with the marketing team to implement the marketing as may be required
- Communicate directly with the Scientific team needs, concerns, or potential applications of the GF ingredients based on consumer interactions.
- Communicate or establish communications directly with scientist and customer should more technical support be required by the customer
- Keep all GF customers and manufacturer representatives servicing GF customers advised of new, advancements, or applications of GF ingredients
- Coordinate all necessary elements associated with exhibiting at essential trade shows and work all trade shows determined by staff to be essential to successfully represent GF ingredients to the food and beverage industry.
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Submit quarterly customer visit plans; schedule customer meetings and action plans for follow up.
- Work with attorney to submit legal documents to customers and confirm the return and filing with legal staff the signed copies.
- Responsible for setting the customer’s expectations and making sure those expectations are met by working with GF staff to secure necessary customer information, and providing samples, GF ingredient information, ordering requirements, order confirmation, trucking and pick-up information, payment requirements, ingredient certifications, and any other documents or information necessary to establish an vendor supplier relationship.
- Technical background in Food Science, Biology, or Chemistry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years of proven sales or marketing experience in the food industry
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid Driver license and TSA approved Identification
- Ability to make airline arrangements and travel by air to current and potential customers
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to walk through manufacturing facilities if required.